Last month I said PEACE out to 40 and “HEYYY Babe!” to 41.
My 40 yr summary looks a little like this –
I thought I was going to do it with pleasure…40 was so freeing for me, but 41 wasn’t quite as exciting. (Oh, well)
25 things I learned in my 40th year:
- Less of the drama matters
- Most of the drama is in your head and you have control over that.
- your eye sight truly does start to weaken…I feel readers in my *near* future
- A gallon of water a day makes me feel whole
- All diets are fad diets.
- If you have time to count calories, you need to re-examine your time
- Don’t judge yourself under the fluorescent lights in the fitting room.
- Your jean size really doesn’t matter to your friends.
- Body acceptance is necessary before body love. But also SO hard.
- Read. Daily.
- Journal. Daily. (Not good at this one)
- Move your body daily, but take a break.
- It’s ok to be a homebody.
- It’s ok to please yourself and not others.
- Hangovers are so NOT fun and drinking too much isn’t as fun either.
- Set boundaries. You owe yourself that love.
- Finding your passion may be hard but it’s worth the fight
- Naps are great but 7-8 hrs of sleep is even better
- Put the swim suit on and get in the water. Life is too short to stay covered up. Also, your kids need you to play
- A cup of coffee in the afternoon is magic
- A cup of coffee anytime is almost just as good as a glass of wine.
- About that wine…I’m not 20 anymore.
- Sometimes the same feelings of jealousy, feeling left out, still exist at 40 like they did at 14.
- We’re all going to screw our kids up somehow, so just do the best you can.
- Once you get out of your comfort zone, you can easily fall back into it. Stay out, stay brave, keep doing the scary stuff that pushes you into #livingyourbestlife
- BONUS: 40 is freeing. Welcome it with love.